When setting up a mail client, it is important you configure an SMTP server, which will cater for the delivery of your emails. Most important, setting an SMTP server is entirely smooth. All you need to do when configuring your SMTP server is to open your email software, and then add the appropriate AMTP parameters in the setting window.
Nevertheless, if you are using a standard SMTP from spammer, which is fundamentally linked to free email, providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail, you are not guaranteed the expected delivery of the messages you send, especially when sending to a large number of recipients.
It is, therefore, advisable to select a professional SMTP service provider, which you can register and get a lifetime package of thousands of relays in a month.
Here is the standard process of configuring SMTP, by following four simple steps.
- Go to your mail client and choose the voice account settings, which is in the tools menu.
- Next select the outgoing SMTP server voice. To manage control your identities, you can either choose the server as an outgoing SMTP server or select the server as a default server.
- After selecting option server, now set up your new SMTP by pushing the Add button. Immediately a window pop up will appear, displaying description, server name, port, connection security, and user name and authentication method. You should fill all the options displayed on the window.
- Finally, fill the voices as indicated below.
- Description. This is an informal name, which you will choose, for identification of the server. It is advisable to use the name of your email providers, such as Yahoo or Gmail.
- Server name. It is the original specification of the server’s name. You can find the name by searching in the providers’ web page or the list of POP and SMTP server.
- Port. Step functions with port 25. However, SMTP can operate with default 587. Nevertheless, you should get information about SMTP ports from your service provider.
- Connectivity security. An SMTP email transfer cannot offer an encryption on itself. To ensure the connection is entirely secure, it is advisable to use STARTTLS or TLS/SSL extension, which uses a different port for any communication that is encrypted.
- Authentication method. You can utilize the various methods, such as passwords, CRAM-MD5, KERBEROS and others.
- Username. Use your email address.
For easier and quick configuration, choose an SMTP that is professional. Besides, when selecting the SMTP server, choose those offering trial periods, in order to familiarize yourself with the server. During the trial period, you should learn every bit of the SMTP.
For dynamic configuration, follow instructions on the web page of your provider. Different vendors might have different ways of configuring methods. If the setup process is complicated for, ask for some guidance from those find it easier, or have previously used the same provider. Regardless of the size of your firm, ensure you configure your SMTP server, to protect your data, and to ensure your emails get delivered as expected.